Ever since I posted a list of great books to read on the subject of ethnographic research I have received dozens of new recommendations.
So I thought I would share:
- Pierre Bourdieu's books on reflexivity
- For methods: Ethnography and organisations
- Not a book but an article: Ethnography and fiction: where is the border?
- On writing style: Tales of field
- For those interested in contemporary tribes: The Time of Tribes. The Decline of Individualism in Mass Society Theory Culture & Society by Michel Maffesoli - I have no link for this
- Anthropological research - the structure of inquiry - no link but it's by Pelto & Pelto
- Cross-cultural film making: A handbook for making documentary and ethnographic films and videos - no link but it's by university of California press 1997
Please let me know if you have any more suggestions...