Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Dr. Aviva Rosenstein - "Fake Ethnography vs Real Ethnography" at URF08 from bolt peters on Vimeo.
A refreshing talk/perspective on what ethnograpy is and is not. My own very strong view is that ethnography must incorporate naturalistic observations, ideally captured on film. A lot of ethnography seems still to be qualitative interviews in people's homes. I could go on but won't. This clip is 30 miutes long so watch it over lunch or an extended break. But make time to watch it. It's good.
Posted by Siamack Salari at 7:30 AM
- How to write an insight statement
- A deaf Easter post
- Key concepts in anthropology
- Chelo Kabab in Olympia
- Applying Pixar's story telling rules to report writing and insight generation
- A comment turned into a post. Thank you Paul Longo!
- Commercial vs. academic anthropology: a guest post by, Pedro Oliveira
- Viewpoint: The faddish breakouts of ethnography
- Mobile ethnography tasks and probes: