Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Dr. Aviva Rosenstein - "Fake Ethnography vs Real Ethnography" at URF08 from bolt peters on Vimeo.
A refreshing talk/perspective on what ethnograpy is and is not. My own very strong view is that ethnography must incorporate naturalistic observations, ideally captured on film. A lot of ethnography seems still to be qualitative interviews in people's homes. I could go on but won't. This clip is 30 miutes long so watch it over lunch or an extended break. But make time to watch it. It's good.
Posted by Siamack Salari at 7:30 AM
- How to write an insight statement
- Key concepts in anthropology
- A deaf Easter post
- Chelo Kabab in Olympia
- Commercial vs. academic anthropology: a guest post by, Pedro Oliveira
- Ethnographic reading list
- Google's glass elevator and my video walls
- Sneak preview
- Beta testing our ethnographic App