Thursday, December 18, 2008
Every year we send out a Salari Family Christmas film to friends, colleagues and clients. You can see more here, here and here. But this is a film with a difference. It is quite naturalitic and not too different to the material we film as part of EDL projects. In other words, there are insights to be gleaned from this film. And I mean ethnographic insights, which I the subject, would never have been able to see/articulate.
So I invite you to watch and test you abilities at extracting new understanding from a sequence of film. A hint: focus on what I am NOT doing. And then think about how much more the twins could be learning.
The best reply will will a seriously nice book.
Posted by Siamack Salari at 8:27 AM
- How to write an insight statement
- A deaf Easter post
- Pune Morning day 5
- Viewpoint: The faddish breakouts of ethnography
- I'm crazy about street photography
- Key concepts in anthropology
- Commercial vs. academic anthropology: a guest post by, Pedro Oliveira
- Chelo Kabab in Olympia
- Mobile ethnography tasks and probes: